Where’s My Australia Day
Published on: Jan 21 2019
This year many retail and fast food employees will be working on Australia Day (Saturday) for no extra compensation or penalty rates.
For many of our members, this leaves them feeling like second class citizens as it seems only those working Monday to Friday get to enjoy Australia Day with friends and family.
We think it’s time the current public holiday laws changed and need your help telling Scott Morrison and Gladys Berejiklian.
Share a photo of yourself or loved one who’s working this Saturday on Facebook or Instagram and tag Scott and Gladys with the hashtag #WheresMyAusDay
We’ll also give our favourite pic a $100 gift voucher (see below for Terms and Conditions).
Australia Day 2019 - Social Media Competition Terms and Conditions
- Instructions on how to enter this competition form part of the conditions of entry. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions.
- Entry is open to financial members of the SDA who have an account on Facebook or Instagram, enabling them to submit an entry in accordance with clause 4 below. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
- The competition commences at 8:00am AEDT on 20/1/2019 and closes at 11:59pm AEDT on 28/1/2019 ("Promotional Period”).
How to Enter
- To enter, entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
- post a photo from either their Facebook or Instagram account with the #WheresMyAusDay
- By submitting an entry, entrants warrant to the Promoter that:
- their entry complies with the Submission Criteria;
- they own all of the rights to the entry; and
- Entrants confirm and promise that their entry, including their story, is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. Further, entrants agree that ownership of any intellectual property rights in their entry, is assigned to the Promoter without the payment of any further fee or compensation.
- Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter may use their entry, during the Promotional Period and afterwards, in any manner the Promoter sees fit including to encourage others to enter the competition on Facebook.
- Entrants acknowledge that any use of their entry by the Promoter during the Promotional Period does not constitute endorsement of their entry or guarantee that their entry will be shortlisted or will win a prize.
- Entrants agree to sign any further documentation required by the Promoter to give effect to this arrangement as a precondition to being awarded their prize. To the extent permitted by law, entrants unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in their entry. Entrants warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
Promotional Period and Judging
- All valid entries received during the Promotion Period will be reviewed by the Promoter. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on originality and creativity (“Judging Criteria”).
- The entry deemed to be the most original and creative by the judging panel will be selected as the winning entry. There will also be two runner up prizes.
- First prize is a $100 visa gift card. Runner up prizes are $50 visa gift cards. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash.
- The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner.
Notification of winner and verification of entrant
- The winners will be notified via a post on the Newcastle & Northern Facebook and Instagram page, found at https://www.facebook.com/SDANewcastle/ and https://www.instagram.com/sdanewcastle/ - and a private message within the first 5 business days after the Promotion Period. The Promoter will request that the winner send the Promoter a private message with their name, email, phone and postal address for prize delivery.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of identity, SDA membership number, local branch details and any other information from entrants
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or voter who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in, or benefits from in, any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with this promotion.
- If a winner does not claim the prize by 5pm AEDT, 11th February 2019, or is otherwise disqualified from the competition, the Promoter may assign the prize to the entry judged the next best entry in the competition, or withdraw the prize (subject to the direction of any relevant lottery authority), and the winner will forfeit any and all rights in and to the prizes.
- Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late or misdirected entries or other communications. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches or viruses. If such problems arise, then the Promoter may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant lottery authority) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the promotion.
- Any costs associated with entering the competition are the responsibility of the entrant.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their full name, as represented on their Facebook profile in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- Each entrant acknowledges that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. In participating in this promotion entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant releases Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability in relation to this promotion.