Keeping yourself healthy and safe
Your employer may have new policies and procedures in place for the health and safety of employees during this period.
You should also keep updated with advice from the Federal Government Department of Health here.
There are some important things you can do:
- Wash your hands regularly
- Use hand sanitiser between customers (this should be provided by your employer)
- Clean or wipe down your work station / check out regularly
- Avoid close contact with customers where possible
- If you feel unsafe or have concerns, discuss these with your manager
What should you do if you feel sick or need to self-isolate?
Be proactive about looking after your health. If you are sick, do not attend work.
If you believe you may have contracted coronavirus, seek professional medical advice (initially by telephone) and inform management. The National Coronavirus Hotline is 1800 020 080.