Our Delegates are the backbone of the Union. The Union cannot operate effectively without a strong Delegate structure. We achieve this by trying to ensure that there are Delegates in all workplaces where there are SDA members.
Delegates are trained as representatives of the SDA who can negotiate with management over grievances or issues that arise, and provide useful advice to you as members about Enterprise Agreements. They are normally your first point of contact.
Delegates’ responsibilities include:
- Promoting Union membership in their store
- Enforcing Enterprise Agreements and Awards
- Enforcing members’ statutory entitlements
- Attending meetings with management and members
- Resolving members’ problems.
Looking after our delegates
The SDA supports our Delegates by committing resources to their development and education, so that they can give you the best, most informed assistance possible.