Education can be a heavy cost to individuals and families. To help reduce this burden, the Union has been providing free SDA Textbook Scholarships to members and their families for many years.
300 Scholarships are available to SDA members who are students, or parents who are members and nominate a dependent child who is a student.
Helping our youth with the cost of education is an investment in the future of our nation.
The Scholarships are subject to a ballot conducted by the Union and must be used by their expiry date. Only one Textbook Scholarship per student per year may be awarded.
Terms of the Scholarship
- Scholarships are applicable to secondary and tertiary students only.
- SDA Union members are welcome to apply to assist with their personal studies.
- Parents/Guardians who are members with children studying in these years are able to apply.
- Only one scholarship application per student is accepted.
- They are open to financial members only.
- Scholarships are usable for the purchase of textbooks as prescribed on school booklists.
- They are redeemable online at Booktopia.com.au
Please note, you must use the entire $100 voucher when purchasing items. No change or credit will be given for the unused portion of the voucher.
Entries have now closed for this years applicants and the winners will be announced in the next edition of the digital 'Cause Magazine.